Home » LOCAL NEWS » Audio: Lower Manya NDC Stand-off: MTN Calls Walter’s Bluff

Audio: Lower Manya NDC Stand-off: MTN Calls Walter’s Bluff

By Joyce Bedeley:

Former National Democratic Congress Member of Parliament for Lower Manya Krobo in the eastern region, Mr. Michael Teye Nyaunu has called the bluff of the party chairman and their executives, challenging their decision to ‘sideline’ him and three other members from the party.

Mr. Nyaunu whose outbursts come days after a purported ‘suspension’ handed them by the executives in the party said the party’s executives in the constituency have no powers to take that line of action.

The ‘sidelining’ which was confirmed by party chairman, Mr. Walter Homenu in an interview with Rite FM’s Morning Show host, Krobea Asante on Monday, was premised on undisclosed offences leveled by the chairman against three members of the party.

‘I wish to confirm reports bordering on the action taken against honourable Michael Teye Nyaunu-senior member of the party and former Member of Parliament, Mr. Alex Konotey-vice chairman of the party and Mr. Tetteh Agbo, former Municipal Chief Executive and whose offences have been referred to the disciplinary committee by the constituency executives for further recommendations,’ Mr. Homenu disclosed.

“For now, they have to step aside and suspend their duties in the party for the investigations to take place and because of the nature of the case and the people involved, the committee has been given just a month to come out with their findings,’ the constituency chairman stated.

Though the party chairman refrained from giving details regarding what offences led to the action against the three standing members of the NDC, Mr. Homenu said it bothered around ‘activities likely to embarrass the party.’

‘Their crime borders on anti-party conduct and activities likely to embarrass the party which is also contrary to article 40 of the party’s constitution which states that members who engage in such activities would face the disciplinary committee and which also gives the constituency executives the mandate to suspend anyone who acts in that regards,’ he underscored, adding that they have served the regional office notice of the steps taken.

But one of the affected members, Michael Teye Nyaunu while denying being served any notice to the purported action of their superiors, has questioned the authority of the constituency executives to take such punitive action against him and his colleagues.

‘Let me place on record that I have not received any letter on any action being taken against myself and the others mentioned. Secondly, the executives don’t have any power to even take such actions against us,’ the former MP ranted.

He debunked the executives’ claims that letters had been sent to the regional executives, noting that the regional executives were unaware of any letters to this effect.

When Rite news contacted Mr. Bismark Tawiah Boateng who is the Eastern regional chairman of NDC for his responses to the impasse, he sounded rather abusive; questioning what due diligence was done by the station to unearth the facts.

‘As a journalist you’ve called the constituency chairman and he has confirmed so what is the essence of calling me…as a journalist, is that what you were taught,’ he quizzed.

Mr. Tawiah further directed the journalist to seek answers from the two sides of the impasse and as he put it ‘stop worrying me.’

The constituency chairman has the power to deal with issues in his constituency and not necessarily the regional so now if you ask me, Walter has confirmed so ask him where he sent the letter because Nyaunu also said he is not aware of the letter so push Walter, provided he’s confirmed, to tell you who exactly he sent the letter to because Nyaunu said he’s not aware and stop worrying me,’ Mr. Tawiah lashed.

Source: ritefmonline.org

     

Please Like & Share With Friends And Love Ones:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Rite 90.1FM, Like & Share Us